Recognizing National Bullying Prevention Month.
As you watch the episode, consider:
1. Have you ever been bullied? Have you ever felt that no one understands you, but that everyone is making fun of you? Have you ever bullied others because it was the "cool thing to do"?
2. What does it mean to be a martyr? What does Christ tell us about being martyrs? How did He prove this to us?
3. How does the example of Saint Kyranna, and all other martyrs, serve to be a wonderful example for our lives?
4. When is it necessary to draw the line between doing "what is cool" and doing "what is right"? How does the examine if the 40 martyrs of Sebaste and Aglaius the guard prove this to be true?
5. Just as Christ, and Saint Stephen the Martyr prayed for those who persecuted him, how important is it for us to pray for those who bully us?
Check out these model lesson plans / retreat sessions for JOY and GOYA!
And here are some articles you may find to be helpful:
Hey everybody, this is Steve, and October is National Bullying Prevention Month. Bullying hurts. A lot. It feels terrible when people make you feel unloved, worthless… alone. Did you know that the universe is about 14 billion years old, and in all that time there has only ever been one of you. And no matter how many more billions or trillions of years the universe lasts, unto the ages of ages, there's only ever going to be one of you.
You are unique. You are unrepeatable. God made you, you in particular, for a reason. And no words or actions, no matter how terrible or hurtful, can ever change that. And it's really sad that a bully can't see that, but, honestly, that says more about the bully than it does about you. If we're going to be the bee, then we have to look for the good, even when it's not easy to do so. We could get angry with bullies. We could try to have revenge. Or, we could pray for them.
Love has a power we don't fully understand. And even though it looked like all hope was lost for Christ when He was on the cross, It was that love, that forgiveness that made Him the One who was victorious that day. We need to love one another even when it's difficult. Maybe especially when it's difficult. Pray for those who are being bullied, and pray for the bullies, too. Both definitely need it. So let's be the bee, and take a stand against bullying. Be the bee and live Orthodoxy. Remember to like and subscribe. I’ll see you all next week.
Welcome to the "Be The Bee" Resource Page!
What is "Be the Bee?" Check out this episode!
Here you'll find every episode linked to study questions, helpful readings, and model lesson plans / retreat sessions for JOY and GOYA. Check it out!
Here are some episodes we're working on:
We're currently working on an introduction to the basics of Orthodox Christianity. Here are some episodes we're working on:
1. What are Vestments?
2. Why You Matter
3. Talents and Temptations